Thrifty Thursday

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I love second-hand bookshops and we have a few in our area. The R5 tent at the local SPCA, affordable books at the Hospice and the nearly new second-hand bookshop where I picked up a lovely new series. I also frequent the library often for myself and my kids.I came across this at a book table at a flea market and found it absolutely hilarious. The Bible,prioritising purity,obverse to the sexually immoral Fifty Shades,on the same bookshelf. This is what I love about literature ,the written word coming to life, inspiring new thoughts and a plethora of emotions.
I have read both and not thoroughly for opposite reasons, The Bible because it comes alive to me it is like the Never Ending Story, I find something  new in it everyday and Fifty Shades, although surprisingly sweet, it is so utterly boring and monotonous that I couldn't finish it. I suppose that it is a bestseller because of people like me, sheep to the slaughter,following the fad and wanting to know what all the fuss is about.


Comments

  1. Love that photo! It's true that often we do buy books to see what the fuss is all about... I've done that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious. I wonder if the people who put them in that order have read them! Probably not me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Great contrast - I wonder if the placement was accidental or if someone had a sense of humour. I haven't read 50 shades - doesn't appeal to me although with all the hype I was almost tempted to have a go! Thanks for linking to #WhatImWriting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant contrast :) I didn't manage to get past the first page of 'fifty shades'... I've done marginally better with the bible...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes and I was one of those that read 50 shades so as not to be left out. I won't be seeing the film! #whatimwriting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read either. And I'm not about to, I've heard from both sides of the fence with regards to 50 shades and I'm not that interested. I love the contrast of the two though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great juxtaposition. I've read bits of The Bible and even though I'm not religious myself, the words and passages fascinate me.
    Never bothered with Fifty Shades - read the original fan-fic and that was all together too terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment